Choosing a plumber in the HRM
Here are 5 questions you should ask yourself before you hire a plumber in the Halifax area:
- Are they licensed? You need a municipal business license to be able to pull a permit. All permits require inspection by a municipal building inspector to ensure that all work has been done correctly, that the products & materials are approved for use, that they have been installed correctly & that the work done meets current building code regulations.
- Do they hold a Trade Qualification (TQ)? Find out if they hold the necessary paperwork & trade qualifications. If they do they should be happy to show you what they have.
- Are they insured? Most of the time things will go right but what happens if they go wrong? Make sure they have insurance & liability coverage.
- Who will be carrying out the work? Get specific about who will be completing the work. Are they an experienced plumber? Are they experienced in the type of work you need done? Is the company you hire planning to sub-contract out any of the work & if so, who will the contractor be?
- Do they have references? Ask for references & call them! References should be for similar work, e.g: if you are planning a kitchen renovation make sure the reference you receive was from a customer that had a similar type of renovation, not a leaky faucet repair.
Choosing a plumber in the HRM shouldn’t be a headache. Feel free to give us a call if you have any additional questions. We would love to provide you with a quote for your next service, repair or renovation project.